The HSEQ Advisor will form a critical part of the Port Hedland operational team. You will play an integral role for the implementation of HSEQ behavioural based leadership and strategies for the site operations and provide ongoing mentoring of a positive safety culture. This role will be required to be residential (not FIFO).
• Active in the port as a safety coach and mentor;
• Assist in the management of Westug's IMS to ensure the system complies with AS/NZS 4801, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001;
• Internal policy and procedure development and review and assistance with development and implementation where appropriate of client HSEQ procedures and projects;
• Support the Group HSEQ Superintendent as required and provide active assistance of full incident investigations and workers compensation and all safety matters;
• Assist with trend analysis and KPI reporting against agreed targets;
• Assist with the delivery of HSEQ strategic and project plans;
• Promote healthy lifestyle programs and contribute to the overall well-being of all personnel, clients and visitors;
• Continually seek out new and innovative ways of managing risk;
• Facilitate Westug emergency and crisis response procedures;
• Assist the Site Administrator with the processes of the training management system (HELM), ensuring the process complies with company and client requirements and ensuring training requirements are fulfilled for the entire site and Tugs;
• Complete thorough incident investigations and reporting with comprehensive recommendations and corrective/preventative actions where appropriate and;
• Action incident reports, hazards and improvement notices from start to finalisation.
• Safety professional with proven experience as a HSEQ Generalist or Safety Officer in the marine industry;
• Certificate IV or higher in Health and Safety (or working towards);
• Minimum of (2) years at a leadership level operational type role within the Marine industry (highly regarded) and;
• Experience in investigation management.